A STRATEGIC PLAN THAT EMPOWERS PENNSYLVANIANS TO CALL THE PLAYS THAT WILL WIN THE FUTURE.
EACH LEGISLATIVE SESSION, WE LAY OUT OUR LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES FOR THE YEAR AHEAD. THAT WAY, OUR DEDICATED ACTIVISTS CAN:
A. Learn about the bills we’re focusing on, and how their passage or defeat would affect their jobs, families, and neighborhoods;
B. Make their voices heard in Harrisburg so that legislators understand how we expect them to act on our behalf;
C. Spread the word about these critical issues and get more citizens engaged in working together for Pennsylvania’s future!
But this year, we’re adding a “new tactic to the game plan.” The Keystone Playbook is an engagement platform that puts Pennsylvanians at the center of state policymaking. You pay the taxes, why shouldn’t you call the plays?
Priorities for this year will focus on unleashing economic growth and removing barriers to opportunity, in all aspects of our lives, to ensure that our communities will thrive. This will include but not be limited to the following:
Vision: Everyone is empowered with better access to affordable medical treatment so they can live longer, healthier lives. Patients should be placed in the driver’s seat of a system that welcomes innovation, operates with transparency, and offers personalized solutions. This will be accomplished through the adoption of the “personal option” approach to health care that expands choice, reduces costs, and guarantees universal access.
1. Expand Nurses Practice Authority: Relieve provider shortages, especially in rural areas, by allowing nurse practitioners to fully utilize their medical training on behalf of patients.
2. Provide More Insurance Options: Allow for employers, not the government, to join together and offer health insurance benefits to their employees and remove barriers to the Direct Primary Care model.
3. Promote Telemedicine: Create a framework for highly qualified telemedicine providers to work within that allows for the insurance company and provider to work out reimbursement on the behalf of patients.
Vision: An effective criminal justice system that promotes public safety while removing barriers to opportunity for individuals who need a second chance to live a life of dignity, not dependency.
1. Promote Second Chances: Ban the box on college applications for certain offenses, shortening probation time for those with earned credits for education and good behavior during time served and expanding Clean Slate laws for those low-level convictions where individuals have remained crime free for over one decade.
2. Improve Health Care in Women’s Prisons: Adjust the incarceration system to ensure that health issues unique to females are accounted for to ensure they and their children are treated with dignity when it comes to childbirth.
3. Pretrial Reforms: Create state standards for interrogations and protect suspects’ right to innocence before being proven guilty.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Vision: Empower people to earn success, contribute to their communities & live meaningful lives, to create an economy that works for all.
1. Curb Excessive Regulation: Advance various pieces of legislation aimed at restoring the legislature’s power after years of unchecked encroachment by the executive branch. By embedding the General Assembly into the regulatory process, they will be in a better position to streamline processes, block excessive red tape, and hold the branch accountable for any abuses of their power.
2. Checks on Spending: Create a mechanism like those within the Taxpayer Protection Act or through structural balance rules that will ensure state spending cannot outpace economic growth. This will force legislators to find meaningful solutions to balance the budget, instead of simply digging deeper into the pockets of hardworking Pennsylvanians.
Vision: Present in everything we do in our daily lives, abundant, affordable, and reliable energy is the key driver of our prosperity and security.
1. Reduce Energy Taxes: Require legislative approval before a carbon tax can be imposed increasing monthly utility costs for households across the state.
Vision: The ability to think, speak, and associate freely is the foundation of an open society. Removing barriers to these freedoms will enable all people to participate in public discourse.
1. Protect Free Speech: Protect constitutionally free speech in public forums.
2. Donor Privacy: Prevent public agencies from forcing individuals or organizations to provide personal information unless required by law. Transparency is for our government, privacy is for individuals.
COUNTDOWN UNTIL THE END OF THE LEGISLATIVE SESSION